And then, there was covid-19 which made me stay at home. That triggered me to look for a job nearby home.
So, in October 2020 I became ceo of Vonk, in Bruges. Vonk offers consultancy, training, coaching and other HR services to local governments.
That ended my ‘international career’, but it started a hugely interesting new project that brings together many things I learnt the past years, having met so many interesting people abroad and at home.
My board asked me to quit my freelance activities, as they esteemed that incompatible with my new position. So I did.
Nevertheless, I’m always prepared to share my experience with you!
- How your 21st ct ECM tools can act as Trojan Horses in your stone age culture. AIIM, San Diego, March 23rd, 2015
- What the WWW is doing with us and our organizations. ABD-BDV, Brussels, May 4th, 2015
- The medium as message: information management as silent engine for organizational change. Politeia, Gent, February 6th, 2015
- Information Management 2.0: the process > the product. Felnet, Antwerp, March 3rd, 2015
- Adaptive Case Management as process to manage ‘the long tail of knowledge work’. BPM Summit, London, June 16th, 2015
- Connected communications: exploring the new frontier of “digital employee engagement” Amsterdam, June 30th, 2015
- “Don’t blame information overload – it’s all about filter failure” Enterprise Search, London, October 21st, 2015
- What about your internal transformation? CDO Summit, Antwerp, October 29th 2015
- Workshop: Team Problem Solving, Learning, & Knowledge Sharing. KMWorld, Washington, November 2nd, 2015
- Light and extreme forms of ‘Working out loud’ and how to apply them in your team. KMWorld, Washington, November 3rd, 2015
- “Unified collaboration”: how can we best position collaboration tools and who should own them. Gilbane Conference 2015, Boston, December 2nd, 2015
- Digital Workplace Digital Highway: people, tools and processes. Kluwer, Antwerp, December 8th, 2015
- Transitioning to a Digital Workplace Atlanta, February 2nd, 2016
- Dilemmas in innovation. Politeia, Gent, February 5th, 2016
- Extreme working out loud Workshop & Presentation, IntraTeam Event Copenhagen, March 1-3, 2016
- Extreme working out loud, Intra.Net Reloaded, Berlin, 28-30 April, 2016
- Purpose driven HR. Purpose, Profit, People & Passion, HRCongres, Bilbao, 25-27 May, 2016
- Extreme #WOL in dynamic cases, DareFest, Antwerp, 24-26 August, 2016
- Knowledge work is communication. Kortom, Dag van de Digitale Communicatie, Brussels, 19 September, 2016
- The collaborative case as minimal digital workplace. Vlaams-Zeeuws Archivarissenoverleg, Roeselare, 3 October, 2016
- Hacking the Old Way of Working, KM World, Washington, 16 November, 2016
- Search and Discovery in Action, Enterprise Search and Discovery 2016, Washington, 17 November, 2016
- Dilemmas in Innovation, Innovation, Business Change and Technologies Forum, London, March 2017
- What we learnt in 3 implementations of digital workplaces. Intranets 2017, Step Two Designs, Sydney, May 2017
- An Award-winning Digital Workplace and Intranet. Atlassian Summit, San Jose, September 2017
- Building innovation capacity in your virtual teams. Workshop. KMWorld, Washington, November 2017
- Building an Award-winning Virtual Office Space with Confluence as its core. Washington, Atlassian User Group, November 2017
- The Digital Workplace Pitch – The ARC Group, Brussels, April 2018
- Everyone an information professional. Every manager an information manager. Information Management Conference, Politeia, Ghent, May 2018
- Introducing radical new ways of working. Confluence as foundation for your digital workplace. Atlassian User Group, New York, May 2018
- A proven approach for efficient collaboration of knowledge workers, Brussels Intranet & Digital Workplace Conference, Brussels, May 2018
- Goodbye (digital) paper, welcome complexity – Internationales Archivsymposium, Arnhem, May 2018
- Meta & meet: the core of your digital and physical workplace design. Intersections Conference, Prague, September 2018
- Work Out Loud: the power of liberating your content – #WOL Lost in Content Confernce, Brussels, September 2018
- Work out Loud in the digital and physical workspace, Smart Workspace Design Summit, Amsterdam, October 2018
- Open work in physical and digital workplaces. Encouraging more human interaction in the digital age. The Next Generation Workspaces by Anno Lucis, Berlin, February 2019
- The intersection of digital and physical workspaces – Workshop. Politeia, Brussels, February 2019
- Knowledge Management Workshop, BSAE, Ghent, April 2019
- ISG Future Workspace Summit, London, April 2019
- ISG Digital Business Summit, London, June 2019
- Social Now, Lisbon, June 2019
- Keynote and workshop at Digital Workplaces Arabia, Dubai, July 2019
12 december 2019 – THE 5TH CONFERENCE ON
TRANSFORMATION OF SOCIETY
A HOLISTIC VIEW ON WORKING, LIVING AND MOBILITY
Presentation: TALKING WITH THE UNKNOWN OTHER
Complex problem solving never is a one man show. It’s a never ending dialogue with many people involved. It never ends, as solutions to complex problems are never right or wrong. They are better or worse. So the dialogue will always continu in order to improve what we’ve designed so far. And people will come and go, contributing to this sense-making process.
Can we design our work environment in better ways to support this kind of process? One focal point of this chat is the power of open work, which implies openness to unknown futures and unknown others.
The Next Generation Workspaces by Anno Lucis,
Berlin, 21 and 22 February 2019
Our ambition is to turn groups of temporarily, ad random brought together individuals in real communities of active agents that inspire each other and make sense together.It’s all about stimulating dialogues, in physical and virtual settings.
“I will remember those two full days of chairing, presenting and mainly stimulating interaction between the participants as one of the best conferences I ever attended. This was really a community sharing experiences, asking the right questions, making sense together. ”
Keynote: Open work in physical and digital workplaces. Encouraging more human interaction in the digital age.
As the world and our challenges are growing more and more complex, we need to introduce and cultivate new logics that determine our way of working: the logic of the open network, the logic of emergence, and more than ever: the logic of the dialogue. These are the foundations of our “Open Work Programme” that we introduce in teams that want to fundamentally change their mindset for this complex era.
In this talk we focus on the infrastructure, processes and skills that are the basis for this Open Work. We show examples of it in different physical and digital settings, and we show how you easily can start with your own team, and afterwards scale the practices for the whole organization.
While some heavily focus on training and meta-communication for introducing new behaviours and ways of working, we provide co-workers with change-making tools after which we nudge them to do things different. And we make of that a learning and sustainable experience.